Our gala is inspired and informed by the current movements that are defending and uplifting what is sacred: land, water, community and voices.
“We know what we need for our communities.”
We are honored to invite you to join Resilience Orange County for our 2nd Annual Gala – Resilience Rising: Defend the Sacred!
Our annual dinner will take place on Thursday, February 8th at the Taqueria de Anda Banquet Hall in Santa Ana. The dinner is an opportunity for our community and supporters to celebrate the accomplishments that we have collectively won through People Power!
This also serves as an important opportunity to solidify our collective efforts to ensure that we continue to invest in our youth, that we organize to bring equity for immigrants and communities of color, that we ensure we are creating spaces for girls and womxn of color, and that we bring transparency and accountability to systems, combat displacement, and bridge movements!
Join us in celebrating our accomplishments:
•Successfully launched the first Girls and Womxn of Color initiative in the county.
• Secured $165,000 in deportation defense funds for Orange County residents, the first such public fund in Orange County.
• Began the shift towards prioritizing youth investment in the city of Santa Ana by establishing the first ever Youth Coordinator position in the city.
• Pre-registered over 1,000 high school youth to vote in Garden Grove and Santa Ana.
• Have provided technical immigration support to Garden Grove, Santa Ana, and Laguna Beach school districts.
• Mobilized over 1,000 people to bring attention to the School to Prison to Deportation Pipeline.
• Graduated a cohort of youth in our People Power curriculum.
• Graduated a cohort of Youth Justice Fellows.
•Successfully passed the Santa Ana Sanctuary City Ordinance, one of the strongest in the nation, which includes a community advisory board.